Chocolate Chip Cookies with Extra Goodies
There’s not much recipe to this one; it’s just a modded version of the chocolate chip cookies on the back of the chocolate chip package. I upped the amount of vanilla, added a bit of coconut and toffee bits because I had them on hand, added some allspice and clove, and replaced 1 cup of the flour with whole wheat flour. Results of the experiment:
• Turns out it’s okay to make cookie dough the day before and refrigerate it overnight. I wasn’t sure about this since it the recipe involved baking soda.
• You can’t taste the coconut. It didn’t do any harm, but why waste your coconut?
• The toffee bits melted, which tastes nice, but I wanted crunchy bits. I won’t bother with these in the future, either.
• The allspice and clove: yes, please!
• The whole wheat flour: nice nutty flavor.